I don’t normally partake in questionnaires like this, but I think that this one deserves an answer. After all, it’s a way for new bloggers to share a bit about themselves and gain more views and, hopefully, followers while also making friends in the blogging world. I was nominated by Kylie at Novelleme, who is a very talented writer. My answers to her eleven questions follow.
- How did your blog come to be? I’ve always dreamed of being a fashion blogger. Well, maybe not always, but for a really really long time. I started actively following blogs a few years ago, and that really inspired me to get a move on and start my own. The thought behind it was: “Okay, I’m a pretty decent writer. Everybody compliments me on my style, so I can use that as my basis. Plus, I do want to go into fashion later on…”
- Are you a coffee or tea person? I’m a both person! It kind of depends on my mood, what kind of food I might have with it, who I’m with, what I’m working on at the moment…
- If you could choose a super power, what would it be? I think, if I had to choose, that I would choose invisibility or time travel (and not the Time Traveler’s Wife kind)… or perhaps the ability to pause time, which sounds like it would be really useful during super-busy weeks.
- What is your favourite book? This one’s really tough. Normally I shy away from answering these questions because I read so many books and I love so many, but today I’m going to try to narrow it down for you. I think my top 3 books would be Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, and basically anything by Maeve Binchy. (Okay, so I cheated a little bit there…)
- Who is your favourite fictional character and why? I’m not sure if I have one favourite character; rather, I think I admire characters who are written truthfully. By this, I mean they are flawed and they make mistakes, but they learn from them. I also love characters who have strong values and stick to them, as well as characters who go after what they want. I think this is because those are characteristics that I admire in real people.
- What is your dream career? I would love to go into editing and publishing! More specifically, my dream is to work at fashion magazines such as Elle and Vogue.
- What three things would you have with you on a deserted island? I’d have to be practical about this and say a tent, clean drinking water or one of those water pump things and plenty of water purification tablets, and a guide to edible plants/fruits/nuts/etc.
- Do you have a nickname? My friends and family usually call me Em or Emy/Emmy.
- What is a unique talent that you have? To be perfectly honest, I don’t have any unique talents. I do a lot of different things, including knitting (see my products here), sewing, writing, and playing the piano. And while I am talented in these areas, none of these are unique to me.
- What is one key thing you want to achieve in 2015? A key goal for 2015 is getting a higher readership on my blog and making this blog the best it can be.
- What person (famous or otherwise) do you most admire? I have trouble answering this question, in much the same way as the fictional character question, because I admire different things about different people. I admire women who run their own businesses, I admire celebrities like Emma Watson who speak out about issues in today’s society, and I admire people who treat everybody with respect and empathy.
11 Random Facts about Me
- Both of my pinkies are bent inwards at extreme angles. And before you ask, no, I did not break them. This is just the way they are.
- I’m not scared of (big) heights, but I’m petrified of small ones. I can go on a ferris wheel no problem, but standing on a chair? No way.
- I set up my own business in fall 2014. I love to knit, and so I turned that passion into something. I now sell my knitwear here.
- I once read 30 novels in 2 months.
- I am a huge Downton Abbey fan!
- I get really queasy at the merest mention of blood.
- My hair is currently still growing out from my last pixie cut.
- I have been blonde, redheaded, and brunette, and now I can’t choose what hair colour is the best!
- I love novels by Irish writers! My first introduction was Cecelia Ahern and P.S. I Love You; now I can’t get enough of Maeve Binchy and Patrick Taylor. If anybody has other Irish suggestions, comment below!
- I have a horrible memory for important things, like appointments or blog ideas, so I try to always have either my phone or a notebook and pen nearby so I can write things down.
- I have a 3 year old German shepherd whom I completely adore!
My 11 Questions for Bloggers:
- What is the best book you’ve read lately?
- Do you have a hobby?
- What is your biggest achievement so far?
- When you need to binge watch TV shows, what do you choose?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Are you a morning person, or a night owl?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- Instagram or Twitter? Why?
- Can you keep plants alive for longer than a month? Or do you just end up killing them no matter what you try?
- Do you like to travel? Where have you traveled, or where do you want to travel?
- Do you have pets?
Now, I’m so new to the blogging world that I haven’t really met other new bloggers. So, I’m nominating all bloggers who have 200 followers or less! Spread the word!